Saturday, April 18, 2009

surprise!!!


yes, our fate has forever changed... indicated by these two little strips. positive they say, positive. :) yep, we're having a baby! a little creature has overtaken my body and will emerge around November 1, 2009. So, what does this do to your adventures, you may ask? Well, we found out right before we left. So we did some frantic visits to the doctors and decided it was still a go. While in India, actually just a couple of days ago, we decided the risks of me getting malaria were too great, so I'm back in the states. I'm actually here in New York City for a bit, visiting my great friend Lindsay. I'll be back in Utah sometime soon. Steve's still in India and will keep taking pictures and working for a while. I have no idea what I'll be doing for the next few months. I'm open to suggestions!

Anyway, enjoy our good news! I'll post my thoughts on international travel and pregnancy (aka how to survive an overnight bus ride in India with morning sickness) in a future post.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW! This is SO awesome! I am SO excited for you both. What an amazing thing to be experiencing in your life right now. I don't think there could be a better time for you.


Also, I'd love to get together with you these next few months and talk photography. I have some lens questions and thought the wife of a professioinal photographer just might know. What's your email girlfriend so I can send you a proper congratulations??!

The Chezik Family said...

Congrats to you!! I am so so so happy for you both!! Please contact me when you are back in Utah!!!

Kjrstin said...

d'arcy, hit me up at kjrstin at gmail dot com. jilly bean, thanks... we're in the same boat now. :)

thanks guys for the congrats. :)

Tiffany said...

Holy Cow!! That is crazy! Welcome back to the states. Congrats!!

jason and michelle clarke said...

Congrats!!!!! Hope you don't get too sick. So are you going to feed him or her Dr. Pepper before or after you leave the hospital? j/k. That really is neat though. If you need anything let us know.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kjrstin!!! Boy, I don't envy you that overnight bus ride with morning sickness. Overnight bus rides in Brazil were bad enough. I don't even want to imagine adding morning sickness into the equation.

I was going to say that I can't believe you were brave enough to fly to India even after your news, but then I remembered, this is Kjrstin I'm talking about. :) Good luck my prego friend! You're embarking on your greatest adventure ever!!!